Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Two more days !!

Yes!! The D-day has finally arrived. Exactly 48 hrs later, I will be joining the Unemployed Inc. after having spent the last 4 year and 10 months of my life working for my boss, my company and my projects and of course the perennially insufficient monthly salary.Gosh !! it seems like yesterday when I passed out of my Engineering College and desperately wanted to join the workforce. The only thing I wanted in those years was "the job". But the 58 months of work have finally gotten on me and for the next one year , I thankfully will not being waking up in the morning thinking of my boss, my company and my clients.

So what will I be doing for the next one year ? Well I intend to take the time off to complete my MBA in Boston and also find time to get to some more interesting aspects of life. So my Formal trouser, shirt,leather shoes, tie, laptop leather bag etc will now tucked away in some corner of my wardrobe. And out comes my T-shirts, Jeans , sneakers and the good old backpack.I just can't wait to get back to my student days again. The fun we had hanging out with friends in the college canteen, the movies we enjoyed together, the fun we made of our professors .

Of course, the MBA being a Post graduate degree which requires substantial years of work experience, the crowd will be much more matured, but again that is what will make things more fun.Also the fact that the students of my MBA batch are all from different countries will make this one year even more interesting. We are going to have students from China to Brazil to Latvia to Russia to India in our class. The cultural mela will be amazing. Can't wait for the day I will be landing in Boston !!

No comments: