Saturday, March 24, 2007

First Impressions:SpiceJet

After the horrifying experience my parents had had while travelling in Air Deccan , the India's self aclaimed "best" low cost carrier(LCC) , I had very minimal expectations from another LCC SpiceJet which I was boarding for the first time . I had already prepared myself for a delayed flight by booking a flight at the safe time of 5 pm even though I did not have to be at the destination before 8pm .

But the journey with Spicejet was indeed a pleasure . The flight was bang on time and departed bangalore at 5 pm . Also the cabin crew was really friendly and in flight service matched the services provided by the Full Service Airlines except that Spicejet did not offer any food on board. The passengers were offered candies at the start of the flight and later were served water. Constrast this with the Air deccan flight on the same route who not only delayed the flight by an amazing 6 hours as I have already written but also did not offer any inflight services.

If a LCC can maintain timelines and provide some basic amenities, I guess it is a paisa vasool and eventhough you end up paying about 300 bucks more for than the other LCCs,I believe it is worth the salt ( and money).

No comments: