Thursday, March 15, 2007

Orkut Zindabad !!

Yesterday was the 26th Anniversary of the day I stepped into this world. The day was rather mundane with me having to work late night in the office and it probably was my first "dry" Janamdin in the last 6 years. But courtesy Orkut, the day was brightened up by the amazing number of wishes I got not only from the people I know but also from the people whom I honestly don't know (in true sense.) The latter group are the people like my school classmates who I can claim to have acquaintances with and are people whom I have actually not met/talked physically for years now . So I have an image/perception of these folks which is 10 years or older and would love to meet these folks and know their story of last 10-12 yrs or so. But alas the distances make things so difficult.

But back to the point here, it is wonderful to get birthday wishes from these friends with whom I have spent my early "Happy Birthdays". Still can remember the day in school where you were "the" someone special, for you did not have to wear the wretched White Shirt-Blue Shorts - Black shoes uniform. Instead you could be at your best wearing "wrangler" jeans trouser (No shorts here) , a colorful T-Shirt and a so called Sports shoes. The Teacher would call you near the "blackboard" and the whole class would sing "happy B'day to you" only for you. ( OK I know we all sang that song in full volume only because we would get the melody or caramel Toffee at the end of the it) . Add to that you could be at your naughtiest best on day as the teachers will not scold/beat you . (After all it is your b'day). It was a top of the world feeling.

My heartfelt thanks to sites like Orkut, facebook,myspace and now the "tagged" site for getting me connected these special friends of mine. These sites have helped us connect with our long last friends and have done their bit to make the distances irrelevant. Of course it helps that these sites have a Birthday Remainder calendar else I sure would not remember any of those birthday dates. ( I hate dates )

No comments: