Saturday, December 9, 2006

Rickety Autorickshaws

I am sure most of us have travelled in the yellowed hooded creature (they call them Autos or ricks or rickshaw ) in bengalooru .. or for that matter any city in India( where they will be green or black hooded) ...... they help you catch ur flight or train or bus on time despite the traffic snarls of our city .........but for some reason the poor souls who control these creatures are always at the receiving end from our public (especially in namma bengalooru) .. with the most common complain being .. Rickshawallas refuse to go to places where we want to go !!!!!!!!!! or they ask more than the meter charge blah blah ........ I think they sure are doing a thankless job out there

now I am by no means a sympathizer of the rickshawaalas... ( I face there ire almost everyday ) but I don't understand why a person who pays Rs 100 for a Rs 60 beer in a PUB is not willing to shellout the extra 10 bucks to the poor autowala... is this a classic case of double standards.. " I will pay whatever is needed to get a high since I am spending my hard earned money to have fun" ....but paying an Auto extra 10 bucks to reach home safely after 5 pegs of Whisky ? .. no way!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the autowaalas is thinking. Here is my 2 cents....... A lot of them in the city are prospering from "software" which btw the Autowaala thinks is some kind of thing made in factories one of them asked me " sir illi yenu thyyaar aaguthe"..(translated what is manufactured in these buildings)............earning millions of rupees... why should I be left behind.. lemme give a try .. A lot of these "software" guys and gals have deep pockets and atleast someone will agree to pay the extra bucks to reach his destination.......make hay when the sun shines ....

No comments: