Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Low Cost @ What Cost ???

Air Deccan I thought was making waves in the Indian Airspace by opening up the Air Travel Vistas to the common man. But I was really shocked at the service level which the airline is offering to the so called "first Time" travellers...given the treatment they are getting .. I think they are better off travelling by train or bus to their destinations.....wondering y I am bashing up Air deccan!! .. here is my story ( rather my parents story .. with my mom travelling the 1st time on Air)

Saturday 6pm: Schedule flight to Hyderabad. Had specifically booked this time as my parents wanted to attend the evening functions of a marriage.

Saturday 8am: SMS rescheduling the flight to 8pm ...... ( I thanked Air deccan since they atleast send an SMS !!!) but all the same shocked at the impunity with which they are rescheduling a late evening flight early in the morning ...... this plainly means the Airline is tried to squeeze it's Aircraft schedule and one Flight going amiss means the entire schedule goes haywire .... trying to drive down costs......but at what costs??

Saturday 2pm: rescdehuled again now 9:20 . then came couple of more SMSes.. finally the flight left at 1130 pm in the night!!!!!!!!! ....spoiling all the plans which my parents had.....they reached hyderabad at 1am in the morning

and must say we were lucky to be send SMSs.. just wondering abt the people who did not have this facility . .. an agonizing 6 hrs @ the Airport.. add another 1.5 since u r usually @ the Airport atleast an hr earlier...... so effectively 7.5 hrs .. now add another 2 hrs to this ......... and ur in hyd by train......

the same story repeats itself on return flight .. Scheduled time 530pm .. actual departure 11:45 pm.......so I am sure such stories must b happening everyday. and seems like AIR deccan has even developed a model to predict the exact time of delay !!!!!!!! sorry Mr. Gopinath .. this wont do ....you need to pull up ur socks...... else be ready to face the Indian Desi public Ire..... sooner or later

PS : Somebody was thanking AD for making flying possible to common man.... I think this LCC model cud have been brought in Mr. XYZ .. if not Mr. Gopinath .,..given the liberalization policies and .and I dont think I need to thank him for this pain

No comments: