Saturday, February 3, 2007

Born in the Wrong Year ??

I was not a very big believer in the Astrology and the Sun Sign predictions which are churned by the Newspapers and newsites Week after week. But seems like there is some truth to all this "Your destiny is decided by the Stars and Planetary positions when you were born" and the Year you were born if you were to follow Chinese Astrology

How was I convinced after being a non-Believer for so long . Well the salaries which fresh grads of out IITs RECs and IIMs are drawing in 2007 placement season have got me thinking. It has been 5 yrs since my placement season and I remember the highest salary paid out in my placement batch was about half the highest Salary being paid this year by my college. 100% growth in 5 yrs Flat. On the other hand, my own salary is grown by around 150% over this period and but on a smaller base and hence my Salary is now only slightly higher than the person who will work under me with Zilch Work Experience..... aah ..the smaller base .. Did I deserve that smaller base ??

My take?I was born in 1981( the Year of Rooster as per Chinese calender ) ..and so graduated in 2001-02 .. the year in which the stars of the US economy and consequenently the stars the Indian IT companies werent doing great. and so just to get a job and to be able to hang around that job was an achievement.....and my peers where just searching for "any" job which takes and keeps them for long. But someone who was born in year 1986 .. now has on an average 3 job offers even before he out of college !!!! aah he is plain lucky u would say .. but what is luck if not the tricks of Stars and Planets?

No comments: