Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Music, Songs and Nostalgia

Certain things in life remind of us somethings. It could some smell, something which we see or something which hear.... In my case somehow .. certain songs/sounds remind me of certain periods of my life. Picture this

1) THe moment I hear the songs from Dil Se .. I am transported to my first year in the college .. especially the ragging period of 2months .. I heard the Dil Se songs everywhere and anywhere over those 2 months which I call sweet hell .. I still I can remember me dancing on the Chiaya Chiaya Number on my freshers Party day ... ( It is a different issue that my friends did not perceive what I was doing as a dance )

2) Next when I hear the songs from the Movie "Mujhe Kuch kehna hai".. I am transported to the days of my industrial training in Vizag.. why ?? Just about every single day in the 4 months..my roomy used to wake me up with the songs from movie .. ( well dint have the money 2 buy any other cassette.. and my roomy had to listen to songs while gyming in the morning..)

3) The songs from the movie Gharshana( telegu) transport me back to my days in the US . Coz I listened to those songs on every long drive which I went for in the US .........

and not just songs .......there are many more sounds like the Sound of the old Petrol Autorickshaws( Not the LPG ones which ply now they sound different) reminds me of my native place .. coz up until my college freshmen days .. I had only travelled in an AutoRickshaws if I was visiting my native place

No comments: